[plug] Linux commands

J Michael Gilks gilksjm at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 4 08:09:39 WST 2002

While looking for Linux in a Nutshell over the weekend, I came across what
seems to be a very useful book for anyone starting on Linux.
It is the Linux Desktop Reference by Scott Hawkins. Fairly expensive but a
pretty complete reference to Linux commands.
The nice thing about it is the commands are listed by task. The alphabetical
list of commands is very daunting when you don't know where to start.
Just a thought to share with anyone like me who has been confronted with a
list of commands, with no context and wondered why they would ever think to
type ls at a command prompt.
Love
Mike.