[plug] ide positions

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:51:41 WST 2002

Cheers mate!

I've got that setup atm, but it does have a few quirks, due to the delay
caused by accessing the cd burner or the dvd-rom drive. I didn't have hte
problems before, and I notice ni the xconsole (a SuSE thing that says system
info, very handy), I get Bad CRC check messages, which I never had before
when the two cd-rom drives were on the same, secondary channel. Has anyone
else got any thoughts to throw into this, or is it a case of problem
solvered, I should stick with my current setup?

>On Wednesday 05 June 2002 10:18 am, John Knight wrote:
> > Hey up!
> >
> > I'd better ask this while I still remember. I've got two hdds and two
> > cd-rom drives (one's a dvd rom drive, the other's a cd burner), what's
>the
> > best way to put everything on, position wise? Should I have two hdds on
>one
> > channel and two cd-rom drives on the other, or have a cd-rom drive and a
> > hdd on each channel?
>
>Personally, Id put 1 HD and DVD on primary, and other HD and CDR on
>secondary
>
>It will help with performance a bit having the HDs on different channels,
>and
>copying disk to disk as well.
>
>Having the DVD on primary just makes more sense to me, since it will be
>your
>primary reader... egads :)
>
>Have fun

Make lunch, not war.