[plug] [OT] killer for me

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Jun 5 14:32:10 WST 2002

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 14:26, Simon Scott wrote:
> People being charged with assault when
> someone breaks into their house is always the killer for me.

What a singularly appropriate turn of phrase.

These things have a way of evening out. If people are going to defend
themselves, they become more likely to use lethal force if non-lethal gets
them into trouble. It's bit harder for the invader to argue about that later
in court. The rationale is `might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb'.
This is *not* an endorsement of the practice.

Cheers; Leon