[plug] TV Outs and Linux as an Entertainment Box

chris choypoy at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 5 18:23:53 WST 2002

Theres a couple of sourceforge proggies (nvtv for starters) that run
with the nvidia tv-out stuff. I use them to play DVD's on the TV through
my linux box, works a treat. It can take command line parameters I
think, so you should just be able to file a script. It handles all the
tv refresh stuff (I havent seen it do silly things to my tv yet) and it
also lets me run dual-view without any issues (even though I'm only
running a GF2 GTS - not a dual-head video card, but it can output to
both at the same time)

and theres some good juke-box web-driven devices (my favourite, run a
web-server as the interface, anyone who comes over, like in LAN
sessions, can vote for music etc).

Plenty of good ideas and working implementations at sourceforge :P