[plug] reiserfs & bad sectors

Adrian Woodley adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Wed Jun 5 19:06:34 WST 2002

G'Day all,
    Is anyone aware if reiserfs can store information about bad sectors the way
ext2/3 can? I've got a laptop HD with bad sectors in the last partition where my
woody/sid mirror is located. At this stage the system still works, although any
attempt to take a copy of the mirror causes an IDE lockup. A reiserfsck
--rebuild-tree generates a long list of errors. While a new HD is not the
expensive ($185 for 10gig), I'd like to be able to use this one.

Regards,
Adrian Woodley
Diskworld Computer & IT
www.Diskworld.com.au