[plug] ide positions

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jun 6 06:05:27 WST 2002

Question I have if on the same cable you have a faster hdd and a slow
cdrom/dvd, if both are running at the same time doesn't the system step
down to the slowest device on the chain? Therby decreasing the
performance of the faster device?

It has always been our policy that devices of like speeds on the same
cable. HDD as masters and other devices as slaves.

Jon