[plug] ide positions

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Thu Jun 6 09:29:12 WST 2002

I'm pretty sure thats the way it is as well.

But I suppose it depends on the IDE controller on your motherboard (or if
using a separate one) and the interface on your hard disk(s).  But I tend to
keep optical devices to one channel (secondary) and hard disks to the
primary channel myself, unless the computer is going to be used for a
specific purpose which would gain from having a different configuration.

/ Ben