[plug] rute.sourceforge.net

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Thu Jun 6 10:47:39 WST 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 10:22:58AM +0800, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> Or is it just a really really bad attempt at a recursive acronym?

That's the one. It's an acronym formed on "Rute User's Tutorial and
Exposition", with, I suppose, a pun on 'root user'. If an invented
word can be said to pun with an existing one.

Perhaps he was hoping it would become known in time simply as 'rute',
rather than by the full name, in which case a non-existent word was a
good choice, making it the only thing known by that name in English.

That's my guess. You could ask the author, of course. He's on the Net
:-)

Colin