[plug] Re: Open Source Barristry

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Jun 6 14:34:31 WST 2002

On Thursday 06 June 2002 10:21, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> Andrew Furey wrote:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong Jeremy :)... but isn't it only
>> defamation if it's untrue? Or am I thinking of
>> something else?

> (I love it when people in the same office as me ask me questions on
> the PLUG list instead of calling out down the hall.)

Andrew's just demonstrating Open Source Barristry, in which, eventually,
everyone can predict the exact legal consequences which will ensue from any
given set of circumstances, so the courts themselves are obsolete aside from
breaking in new or amended law. (-:

I've seen gamers, side by side, messaging each other.

> they cannot amend their claim to argue
> defamation.  They would have to bring a fresh action.

`Ker-ching!' for Jeremy, either way. (-: not to mention the occasional
belly-laugh :-)

Cheers; Leon