[plug] PrintScreen of death

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jun 10 09:30:27 WST 2002

> I figure it's because it can't find lp it's dieing and I can't force
> it to use something else (like lpr) because its running setgid utmp.
Erm... why sgid utmp?

As for explanation that sounds right.

> Does anybody know how I can disable this "feature"? I don't like my
> terminals dieing on me when I inadvertently hit PrtSc.
It'll be there to protect aginst a security hole. If you really need
sgid eterms, perhaps you can cp /usr/bin/Eterm /usr/local/bin/Eterm ;
chmod g+s /usr/local/bin/Eterm; chmod g-s /usr/bin/Eterm  and only use
the /usr/local/bin/ one for tasks specifically requiring sgid?

If all eterms must for some reason be sgid, you'll need to find an emacs
god :-/

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)