[plug] blocking porn etc

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Tue Jun 11 11:32:51 WST 2002

Hya,

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Simon Scott wrote:

> On Monday 10 June 2002 9:35 pm, Paul Dean wrote:
> > Hya,
> >
> > You could setup squid.conf to match via
> > 'acl porn_url dstdom_regex "/etc/squid/porn1"'
> <snip!>
>
> It sure does! But on the site the acl he uses is
>
> acl porn url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/porn"
>
> so whats the difference between dstdom_regex and url_regex?

dstdom_regex does a regular experssion match on just the domain name eg
'funneyplace.com.au'
url_regex does a regular expression match on the entire URL eg '^http://.../index.html$

I haven't played around with the differences with these two but I image
as regex goes you could play around with the expressions to find the
best one that works for you.

I use urlpath_regex for file extension matching eg \.exe$ \.mp3$
Basically I use the same as I have done for "porn1"

Hope this helps...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */