[plug] Few innocuious questions

proXy davyd at iprimus.com.au
Thu Jun 13 17:16:23 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 16:30, Craig Dyke wrote:

        1. When i su to root in konsole my aliases don't seem to come with
    me. Suggestions?

Use 'su -'

        2. When i login as a user i always get a message saying that
    modprobe can't load sound-slot-0. My problem is that i removed all lines
            in modules.conf to do with sound yet i still get problem?

        3. Also to do with sound. I have SBlive which i can get computer
    sounds from using "emu-config -d". Problem comes when playing CDs.
            Sound comes out of jack at back, so i am guessing it is analogue
    and not digital. Problem is that speakers are digital :( Any suggestions
    would

I know nothing about sound setup under SuSE nor about the SBLive driver.
Your best bet would be to upgrade to a newer distribution. SuSE 8.0 is
now out, and it is possibly available for download somewhere. (Possibly
even on WAIX)

--proXy

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/
linux.conf.au Perth 2003 <http://conf.linux.org.au>

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA