[plug] Few innocuious questions

Craig Dyke grail at enterprize.net.au
Thu Jun 13 16:30:25 WST 2002

Just can't get rid of us newbies :(

I have an Athlon 1100 (from Gateway) running Suse 7.1 and Kde 3.

Questions:

    1. When i su to root in konsole my aliases don't seem to come with
me. Suggestions?
    2. When i login as a user i always get a message saying that
modprobe can't load sound-slot-0. My problem is that i removed all lines
        in modules.conf to do with sound yet i still get problem?
    3. Also to do with sound. I have SBlive which i can get computer
sounds from using "emu-config -d". Problem comes when playing CDs.
        Sound comes out of jack at back, so i am guessing it is analogue
and not digital. Problem is that speakers are digital :( Any suggestions
would
        be greatly appreciated :)  (Please not to say buy different
computer or speakers)

Craig