[plug] deleted inodes in X apps

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 20:18:17 WST 2002

> I got the server up and running courtesy of debugfs
> (thanks Andrew F.).

You're welcome :)

> New configurations don't seem to fix the problem, at
> least none that
> involve xf86config or XF86Setup. Does this mean that
> I have to reinstall
> all the X apps effected, or is there another, less
> painful way to fix
> the problem?

Try using debsums (probably with -a and -s flags) to
verify installed packages - hopefully it will pick up
any problems.

In case it's a problem with the user configuration
files, does it work if you add a new user and login as
them (ie. brand new setup) ?

Also maybe try running just a terminal ("xinit" on the
console should do it). If it works there, it's
probably a Gnome problem... if not, most likely X
itself. Should help to narrow things down :)

Andrew

=====
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger and have not need for subtlety.

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!