[plug] #2 Website - Linux newbie

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 14 11:46:02 WST 2002

Q.
I need to develop Web skills and would like to host a very modest
Website.  What are the minimum (services) I need to get?  From where?  And
cost?  (eg I need a static IP address - from Telstra? An ISP dial-in
account? etc.)  In other words what are the necessary steps to the process
before the configuration becomes important?

Any recommendations on Supplier (techniques and cost) & Linux configuration
welcome.

Maybe we could have a comment from each who has done this successfully?

Any comments gratefully accepted.

Regards to all,
wayne