[plug] What is debian version of Xconfigurator or XF86Setup

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Jun 14 12:01:41 WST 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Buddrige, David wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've loaded Debian onto my laptop, but have not yet been able to get X
> working.  I cannot find how to perform a configuration of X; in Redhat you
> simply ran Xconfigurator which provided all the prompts.  With slackware you
> use XF86Setup.  Could someone enlighten me as to the equivilent under
> Debian?

anXious, is what you're looking for (from xviddetect) or if you've running
woody/sid on fairly std. hardware and you're happy to let debconf have a go
try: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Yours Tony

Jan 22-26 2003      Linux.Conf.AU       http://conf.linux.org.au/
         The Australian Linux Technical Conference!