[plug] #2 Website - Linux newbie

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 14 13:52:11 WST 2002

Brian wrote....
>Do you simply want somewhere to host or do you want to learn how to be a
>host?
>  - Brian.

Hello, Brian and others.

OK, perhaps I was not clear.  Currently I have a small website with basic
pages at an ISP.  There is no complexity to the site (like databases etc),
and if I want to do something a little extra - the ISP always want a little
extra money to implement it.  (surprise, surprise).  And that is if it can
be done.

So, I thought if I could get my own site up and running I could develop it
however a whim takes me.  You know, with some sophistication.

However I do not know were to go to get the "connection" started.  Do I need
a static IP and work from there?  I hoped others who have taken these steps
can advise.  And I am certain that there are many different ways to tackle
it.

I know the complexities of configuration come later.

Regards,
wayne.