[plug] setting up

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Fri Jun 14 17:57:01 WST 2002

At 02:14 PM 14/06/2002 +0800, James Elliott wrote:
>I have the CD's for Red Hat 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3 and am currently running 7.1,
>but before I spend time upgrading Red Hat I would like to know what you are
>using and what you suggest would be best for a new user.

I found RH to be good to start with and also Mandrake, though it felt a bit
"Windowsish" at times.  Debian is a challenge, but with a bit of googling
and RTFMing, it was not a major problem.  It was very handy to have the
laptop to 'research' with online while doing the Debian install :)
A good "inbetween" distro I have found is Libranet.  Basically RH ease to
install, then off you go into Debian Land :)  It comes complete with a
large variety of window managers, games, assorted programs etc.

As most of the people have said here - have a play and see what feels/looks
right to you :o)

regards,
   Nathan

.  natdan at pobox.com .     /     \
.  Western   Australia .  -> \_,-._/

Can't make out my sig file? Try using a "fixed-width font"

National Linux Conference Au  Jan 22-26 2003
http://conf.linux.org.au/