[plug] eftel wdsl

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Jun 16 02:33:13 WST 2002

Adam Ashley wrote:
> they're dns servers are up and down like yoyos
heh not an issue - program in multiple DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf
from other ISPs, and run a local caching BIND. I did this to deal with
Telstra's DNS and such (that is it often wasn't there) and find it
really handy. What, my ISP's DNS servers are down? Didn't notice, but
thanks for telling me.... *grin*

Used to run a background fetchmail to poll their servers for messages
from them and put them on the local IMAP & SMTP server too so I didn't
have to use their servers for email. Worked really well, Telstra cable
was really reliable when I didn't use their _servers_ for anything I
couldn't fail-over for.