[plug] Routing

Nathan Alberti nathan at nathanalberti.com
Mon Jun 17 19:23:28 WST 2002

Batesy,

How is your external interface connected to the world ?

First your Internet provider must basically tell the rest of the world to
come to your gateways external address to get to your internal network.
Assuming you have ip forwarding on (and it is not denied by any IP
chains/tables) and your internal interface is allocated and IP from
the ip block you are talking about, traffic will hit your gateway the
route table on your box says it knows  the host the traffic is destined
for (because it is part of the same network), then auto-magically \forward
the packet to it.

let me know if you need more help,

Regards,

Nathan.