[plug] modules & KDE 3

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jun 19 17:36:08 WST 2002

Craig Dyke wrote:
> Have removed all reference to sound-slot from my /etc/modules.conf and yet
> everytime I change from windoze into Linux i get a console list of messages
> saying that modprobe could not load sound-slot-* (lots of different
> bits) :(

Removing them won't really help. If you just want to shut up the
messages and everything is working fine, add lines like "alias <name>
null" to /etc/modules.conf where name should be sound-slot-0 or whatever.

> I am running KDE 3 with Suse 7.1 and XFree86 4.2. Is there like another
> hidden
> file somewhere that keeps getting read?
Nope, its prob'ly the kernel calling modprobe when some app tries to
access /dev/dsp or something.

> Also, different question, Since moving to KDE 3 i seem to be unable to
> have kinternet
> start up when desktop starts. Have to always make seperate call to
> program. Some help
> would be appreciated :)
Can't help you there, running Debian woody so no kde3 for me for a while
yet. I'm happy - stability and security first.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)