[plug] Why pump ?

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Jun 19 23:18:13 WST 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:20:35 +0800 garry <garbuck at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Harry,
>
> I couldn't get dhcpcd working at ucc either. since then i only use pump.
> There is a .deb for woody too. Bonus is, i can usually spell pump.

:) .. like "pump prime" it does what it sounds. Easy to remember.

> Regards
> Garry.

[OT] "Pump up the Bandwidth" The Tux M|A|R|R|S wired remix ..

http://www.evo.org/html/group/marrs.html

No ? Oh well :-) I did say [OT]

> > When I wander into UCC and connect the standard response is "pump is your
> > friend".
> >
> > What advantage does it have over dhcp-client ?

Hmmmm. No-ones told me if it ignores /etc/network/interfaces yet. No clues,
hints ?

I know, I know. Google is my friend too :-) It just didn't jump out on google.
Lots of what. No how or why.

cu
Harry