[plug] Why pump ?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jun 20 17:27:44 WST 2002

> Personally I'm yet to find a network where pump fails but dhclient works.
> OTOH I've found several where the dhclient fails but pump works.
Hmm... think I've got one at work but its been so long since I messed
with my dhcp config on my laptop I'll have to try it again.

I've been using dhcpcd because pump just didn't work out-of-the-box
about a year ago on a debian box when I first needed dhcp. Never needed
to change but after the comments here, I think I might - I have had
glitches but wrote them off to PCMCIA.