[plug] Browsers compatable with 'non Linux ones'?

John Breen locutus at borg.apana.org.au
Mon Jun 24 10:22:25 WST 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 09:40, Daniel wrote:
> Yesterday I had someone with a 'wayward' child wanting to be able to have a
> system for internet access from home that had individual logons and something
> to restrict and monitor access.  I was going to advise a Linux install until
> father said he wanted to do online banking (Bank West) as well.

Bankwest Internet banking seems to work quite well with Galeon on
Linux.  Commonwealth also looks OK.  NAB I never got working, though I
didn't spend much time trying.  Challenge/Westpac works well.

PNCS and ECS use a program NetTeller, purchased from a company in the
eastern states who don't seem to want to know that "yes, the web _is_
case sensitive, and why shouldn't it be, it grew on UNIX platforms
before M$ ever even heard of it"...

However, yes - I owuld suggest using a Linux box.

Cheers,

JB