[plug] Wanted: Zope programmer

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 24 11:46:14 WST 2002

On Sunday 23 June 2002 10:59 pm, J Michael Gilks wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:56, Michael Hunt wrote:
> Cool, more fun. As if I didn't have enough things I want to learn. Have to
> fit a bit of this in as well.

Im not suggesting you dont check it out, but Zope to me initially appeared
exciting but appeared to have some serious flaws. The number one problem I
had with it is that it appears to be massive overkill for the majority of
sites. I also didnt like its DTML very much at all, its very verbose and
clunky.

However, the tree-like object structure is cool. It makes creating and
managing a large site very easy.

Ive found that most sites are better off with PERL or PHP simply due
to the simplicity.

Then again, maybe I just dont have 'zope-zen' :)