[plug] [OT] New iiNet ADSL Schemes

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jun 24 13:38:59 WST 2002

Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:48, James Bromberger wrote:
>
>>On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:41:34AM +0800, Ben Jensz wrote:
>>
>>>If you have something that will attract someone to have a go at you on
>>>your static IP.
>>>But if you annoy someone or have something that someone wants to have a
>>>go at on your box, then its easier for them to find you again for sure.
>>

>>And if they annoy you from the same IP to your static IP, then
>>	iptables -t filter -A INPUT --source <THEIRIP> -j DROP
>

> ....or nmap $THEIRIP followed by...

host $THEIRIP
mutt abuse at theirdomain.com

Got 3 people kicked this month, somewhat below the usual. I *loathe*
script kiddies. What gets me the most is the number of IP addresses
without configured reverse-lookup addresses ... grr - speaking of which
it seems (just checked) that iinet haven't allocated a reverse-lookup
for the firewall at work, better get them to assign a
.postnewspapers.com.au to it.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)