[plug] P75 & Linux

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Thu Jun 27 08:50:37 WST 2002

Hi PLUGers

I have a Digital Pentium 75 computer as a second computer.

My working computer is an AMD dual boot  Win98 / Linux RH7.3

Both computers have network cards and are connected with a crossover cable.

I would like to put Debian Linux on the P75.  The P75 only has a 1 Gb hard
disk and I have found from experience that this is not enough to load Red
Hat, although I suppose you could possible fit a bare bones version on it.
Anyway, I want Debian so that I can get used to it and hopefully be in a
position to choose between RH and Debian down the track.

Is this feasible or is the P75 too old, too small, too slow?

I was thinking of going to WA Linux for my copy of Debian.

I would be obliged for any comments from any of you.

Kind regards,

James Elliott
Ravensthorpe Computers
ABN 34 305 232 710