[plug] Society of Linux Professionals (WA) Inaugural Meeting

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jun 28 19:37:58 WST 2002

> > *sigh*
> > Well it's not and if you've been reading this list you possibly would've
> > noticed a lengthy thread about "Professional Linux Organisation" in the late
> > half of May along with suggestions for a separate mailing list at which
> > point the discussions moved from here to there and you think it's covert
> > because you couldn't be bothered to sign up for it.
> >

> "couldn't be bothered to sign up for it"?
>
> Damnant quod non-intelligunt.
>
> As it was, at the time ("late half of May"), we neither knew of the
> mailing list, nor were able to sign up at the time, even if we had known
> of it, due to computer problems.

OK, fair enough. PLUG has list archives, though - this is what they're
for.

> The issue of such an organisation, was an on-again, off-again, thing on
> the PLUG mailing list, and, happened to have been decided on, in a
> relatively short period, with no discussion on this list (of which I am
> aware), in the last couple of weeks, at least.
There have been meeting invites, etc etc. All very above board. And no,
I'm not invoved.

They're just posting an update, and there really isn't anything scary
and sinister going on. You could've probably got quite an extensive
run-down or at least a ref to archived discussion by emailing one of the
guys involved with a polite "info pls?"

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)