[plug] Strange network problem

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Fri Jun 28 19:40:51 WST 2002

1.  my ifcfg-eth0 file is set for 'ONBOOT=yes'.
2.  I am using dhcpd
3.  my dhcp server is running, with no errors in /var/log/messages.  I used
'dmseg | grep eth0' and it shows the kernel finds my ethernet cards, with no
errors, on boot up.

On either machine, my eth0 WILL activate if I give it a static IP and do not
use dhcp.
It only hangs up when I tell it to use dhcp.
All of this started when I changed the domain name across my network.
I checked my linux box which is the dhcp server.  It shows my new domain
name in the dhcpd.conf file.  It appears the eth0 devices are not being
given an IP since they were assigned to the new domain name.

Is there a command line process to completely erase all networking so I can
start from scratch.
I wanted to use 'linuxconf', but it has been removed from redhat 7.3 install
disks.  I have been using the KDE control panel.
I want to do it all from the command line and start from the beginning.