[plug] Society of Linux Professionals (WA) Inaugural Meeting

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 29 00:22:48 WST 2002

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 4:29pm, Colin wrote:

C.>Not wanting to be uncooperative, but have you considered joining the
C.>discussion list on slpwa.linux.org.au and asking your questions there?

Did; today.

C.>You can always unsub from it again if it doesn't interest you.

No; I am not unsubbing.  I am sure it will interest me.  I want to be a
Professional.

C.>And I expect the two organisations will have a very large overlap of
members.
C.>But your questions are about SLPWA matters, not about PLUG.

THAT'S the part that worried me when I looked a little further.
Who said there would be an "overlap" of [PLUG] members?

C.>I anticipate that SLPWA will continue to notify PLUG of its events,
C.>because they may be of interest to PLUG members.

????
Or is the [PLUG] membership of interest to SLPWA?   (:o^)
We, the membership need to get this ABSOLUTELY clarified.
Is clarification possible?  Or is it too murky in the space between the two
organisations?

C.>But your questions are about SLPWA matters, not about PLUG.

Not sure yet.
And I have seen all sorts of questions asked, and points of view put here.

C.>As Brian said, I notified PLUG as a courtesy, because PLUG is where the
idea started.

I responded at that time and have heard nothing since.
Was that when my eMail was not "routing" through my ISP?

Regards,
wayne.