[plug] Middle East?

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 29 22:07:22 WST 2002

On Saturday, 29 June 2002 12:36pm      Richard wrote:

>While I think it is fine to stray a bit from straight linux discussion to
other related realms occasionally,
>such as computer technology in general

Nope!!  Where's that rule book?

>...best we stay well away from politics.

Bury heads in th.....   ....nope, maybe I won't go there.

>grab a soapbox and go preach in the city
Been there; done that - kinda.  Seems people are too busy makin' money and
power structures for themselves to be able to comment.  But YOUR comments
were appreciated.  Really!

>The escalated situation the Palestinian people find themselves in at the
>moment is, IMNSHO, nothing but their own invention

I remember a peace of some sort signed and sealed on steps of White House
with Clinton standing between Arafat and Rabin (with Perez standing behind
him).  It was only after Rabin was murdered by his own people that things
started going awry.  Then Bush was elected and (war criminal) Sharon used 11
September to create this disgusting death. (q.v. history)  ...and please no
comments about it being a different/special case.

And I don't care who started it - we can make a difference to stop it.  Your
comments were appreciated though.

>("Hey, lets blow up that bus full of schoolchildren!").
Watch SBS Tue 8:30pm "Cutting Edge - Who Killed Mohammed al-Dura?" for the
other side to your discussion.  (Just for an eye-opener.  Maybe not; I don't
know.  Could be your kid - or mine!)

>Personally, I think Israel should upgrade to full-scale war and wipe them
out
Drastic; and what I speak against - too many innocent people involved that
way.
(q.v. your comments about "schoolchildren").

>the whole area is just another breeding ground for terrorists.
That's for sure! (no denomination mentioned) - and if you don't want them
here you might discuss some positive action now. (as opposed to negative)

>sure to get various people's backs up, which is why I wouldn't (normally)
share it on a non-political mailing list.

I enjoyed reading your comments - my back's not up.

>Do you now see where your initial comment could lead?

Yep; kinda did before I said it.

>Politics breeds flame-wars, especially the politics of controversial
situations.

HmmMMMph!   I suppose we could reduce "controversial" nature of it.

>Politics on non-political mailing lists is bad mmkay?

Oh, that happened on 11 Sept.
SooooOOOO, that's when I predicted Israel would go berserk (q.v.).
Israel, forever stalling on Peace - to avoid the Palestinian State.
.....and to keep U.S. militarily on "stand by".
Disgusting!
What about the innocent ones? (no denomination mentioned here)

>so we can get this rubbish off the general list.

???? rubbish?  I appreciated your comments.  I told you that!

Regards,
wayne.