[plug] Saving KDE3 sessions periodically

Arkem (Paul) arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Sun Jun 30 11:43:23 WST 2002

I'm currently using KDE3.0 with Debian sid and have had a few problems with
the xserver crashing occasionly when I use mplayer, I'm not too worried about
the crashes as both KDE, mplayer and distribution are non-stable versions so
another upgrade will probably help.

What I'd like to be able to do is have KDE save its sessions periodically. I'm
a fan of having the sessions saved so they can be used later but since I
often go weeks without a reboot I don't log out from KDE meaning that my
session isn't saved to disk. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way that I
can get KDE to save the session every couple of hours making any problems I
have now or in the future less serious if I can have the same applications
and the same webpages up for reference.

Regards,
Paul C