[plug] ls in colour & terminal size

David White tadewhite at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 30 15:07:21 WST 2002

I haven't mentioned it again cose I worked it out. My .bashrc file
contained the entry but pr .bash_profile had been set up so that my .bashrc
wouldn't run.
Tim
p.s. my next post will be on a different subject and it is about kernel
compiling...
At 12:59 30/06/2002 +1000, you wrote:
> > Is there a way to this with out a kernel hack? I
> > still don't know how and  don't really want to try.
>But
> > if I hadto I would. I have an S3Virge DX (yes
> > I know that it not good)
>
>You don't seem to have mentioned the "ls in colour"
>aspect before, but that's dead easy.
>
>Assuming "ls --color=auto" gives you the sort of thing
>you're looking for, just add a line like
>
>alias ls='ls --color=auto'
>
>to your .bashrc file.
>
>If I'm completely wrong feel free to ignore :)
>
>Andrew
>
>=====
>Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger and
>have not need for subtlety.
>
>http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
>- Find yourself a bargain!

David White                                    Tade, White and Associates
Principal Engineer                             5 Mandora Way
Registered Chemical Engineer #2078733          Riverton WA 6148 Australia
Phone: STD  (08) 9457 6109                     ABN 60 789 367 041
        IDD +61-8-9457 6109               Email: tadewhite at optusnet.com.au
Mobile:       04 0321 6109        WWW: members.optusnet.com.au/~tadewhite
NOTICE - This message is the property of Tade, White and Associates.
Its contents may also be confidential and/or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action with respect to it.
If you have received this message in error please notify Tade, White
and Associates immediately via e-mail to tadewhite at optusnet.com.au