[plug] Connection sharing through windoze

Clint Carlson clintcar at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Mar 5 10:07:39 WST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Jensz [mailto:jensz at wn.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 5 March 2002 9:57 AM
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Connection sharing through windoze

Hi Clint,

>From my experience with using Internet Connection Sharing with Win98SE,
if
>you set it up on a Win98SE box connected to the internet, it shared the
>internet connection with any machine that set it as the default
gateway.  I
>had a couple of times over a friend's place when I was using a Linux
box >and
>it was accessing the internet perfectly through his Win98SE box.

The major drama I have is that sometimes it works ... it tells me that
it is connected but mozilla keeps on returning cannot find www...
It connects to the gateway, but only when the DNS is set to the host
machine, then DNS does not seem to work properly. It is very finicky.
Last night I had it all up and running but today it is not. Is there
some hard and fast method to achieving a connection without me fiddling
with settings every time I try to connect...

Clint