[plug] GNU/Linux on DELL notebook

Sacha Schlegel sacha at schlegel.li
Wed Mar 6 04:13:37 WST 2002

Hi pluggers

Here is an e-mail I want to send to Dell concerning notebooks without pre-installed windows.
Please comment on how to change the text. Thanks

Hi Dell

I am seriously considering to buy a new notebook. A dell inspiron 8100 with a Pentium IV (soon) chip, 512 MB RAM etc.

Because I love GNU/Linux so much I definitely will run this notebook under GNU/Linux.

Unfortunately Dell's notebook only come with Microsoft Software pre-installed.

This way I (YOUR customer) loose a couple of hundred dollars in software I really DON'T want. I would rather buy a wireless LAN card or similar hardware for that money!

Please let me know, if DELL makes it possible for their customer TO CHOOSE their operating system on YOUR hardware.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Sacha Schlegel

What do you think?

Sacha

Sacha                                   Schlegel

1/67 Upton Str, 6102 St. James, Perth, Australia
sacha at schlegel.li                www.schlegel.li
public key:            www.schlegel.li/sacha.gpg