[plug] GNU/Linux on DELL notebook

Sacha Schlegel sacha at schlegel.li
Wed Mar 6 05:31:12 WST 2002

Hi short update

> Hi Dell
>
> I am seriously considering to buy a new notebook. A dell inspiron 8100 with a Pentium IV (soon) chip, 512 MB RAM etc.

The new Dell notebook with Pentium IV is called Inspiron 8200. It has up to 1GB RAM!! and 64MB NVIDIA GeForce440

> Because I love GNU/Linux so much I definitely will run this notebook under GNU/Linux.
>
> Unfortunately Dell's notebook only come with Microsoft Software pre-installed.
>
> This way I (YOUR customer) loose a couple of hundred dollars in software I really DON'T want. I would rather buy a wireless LAN card or similar hardware for that money!
>
> Please let me know, if DELL makes it possible for their customer TO CHOOSE their operating system on YOUR hardware.
>
> Thank you very much for your answer.
>
> Sacha Schlegel

Update.

Sacha                                   Schlegel

1/67 Upton Str, 6102 St. James, Perth, Australia
sacha at schlegel.li                www.schlegel.li
public key:            www.schlegel.li/sacha.gpg