[plug] Re: [OT] Grammar isn't the person married to Grandpa

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Wed Mar 6 09:30:00 WST 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 08:46:22AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Correct punctuation was used, to ensure correct and concise and unambigous
> conveyance of information. Without both of the commas, the sentence would
> have read  "The 75 second delay that occurred before sending, occurs each
> time before sending and is consistent at that period of time." Extra six
> words in sentence originally 13 words long. Sentence length increased by
> 50%. Is that better?

"The 75 second delay occurs each time before sending.  It is consistent
in duration."

14 very clear, concise and unambiguous words with minimal redundancy.
Blah, blah, blah... aren't I Mr Smarty-Pants.

And now I'd like to be incredibly hypocritical and call an end to
arguments over spelling, grammar, punctuation and penis length on this
list.  If people would really like an off-topic list to discuss these
sorts of things on, email me privately and I'll set one up.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | This email has been ROT-26 encoded.
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     |