[plug] PLUG @ Mudrock

Sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Wed Mar 6 14:27:34 WST 2002

Hello again,

I've just had a meeting with guild veep Matt Menzel who was very
positive about PLUG having a workshop at Murdoch. He was very flexible,
and open minded about it, especially as it was in the evening and not
too difficult to organise. As it stands he's given us permission
(subject to confirmation at this point in time) to use the "Grey Room"
next door to the tavern on the first Tuesday evening of every month. So
the big question now is:

Do PLUG members endorse the notion of having a workshop at Murdoch Uni
between 7-10pm (flexible) on the first Tuesday of each month?

Before you make up your mind I had oughtta provide more info. The tavern
is at the back end of the uni and access is gained by turning off the
freeway at Farrington Rd and turning right off Farrington Rd to
Murdoch's rear entrance (near the Baptist College). Follow the road all
the way to a roundabout, turn right and you're just about there. The
building directly adjacent the carpark is the Guild/Tavern building and
after 5.30pm it's okay to park right up close to the building in the red
carpark area or even in the delivery drop off area. There is no need to
climb stairs provided you go around the side of the building - in other
words access isn't really an issue.
The "Grey Room" is quite large with plenty of chairs and tables, but I
forgot to check how many powerpoints. There is no internet connection
which is a bummer. HOWEVER, Matt said that Mincs (the Murdoch computer
crew) may be abandoning there room but maintaining the server they have
there . This room, which is adjacent the Grey Room may become a
dedicated computer room. We may have access to this in the (not so
distant) future should we want access to an internet connection. This is
subject to negotiation though - I'll be liasing with the Mincs
coordinator to see if any Mincs people are interested in the PLUG workshop.
There is no cost to us and no strings attached, although Matt did point
out that it would be advantageous to affiliate with the guild or to
start a Murdoch LUG (or something) that is affiliated with the Guild for
the future.

So how does this sound? At present I dare say it would be not too
difficult to alter the arrangements so if you're interested speak up now
and tell me so, and if the arrangement is good, bad or totally
brialliant (naturally). The first meeting is scheduled for April 2.

Regards,

Sol