[plug] Linux Reference

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Wed Mar 6 18:49:24 WST 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 03:53:05PM +0800, David White wrote:
> Can anybody send me a list of linux command references?

Erm... to be pedantic (which is one thing I'm good at), "linux" doesn't
have any commands as it's an operating system.  If you mean the commands
you type in a shell, they're mostly programs.  This means you've a
potentially infinite command set.

For help on a particular command, try typing:

man blerg
(where "blerg" is the command you want help on)

If you're really stuck, perhaps someone can suggest an introductory
tutorial to the unix shell?

>     /. .\
>    =\_T_/=

Your bunny is cute, but many people get grumpy when signatures are more
than four lines or so.  Perhaps a smaller mascot is in order?  :)

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Your mouse has moved.  Windows must be
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | restarted for the change to take