[plug] Comments on Turbolinux 6.0 requested

russ powers rpowersau at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 20:58:23 WST 2002

It's been many years since I used turbolinux but since
I haven't seen any other replies...

At the time it was a very lean and mean distro. Quite
easy to install and get running. It also had a nice
package management tool. Gui operated, point and click
and it fetched packages off the web for you.

But it was my first linux and it wasn't very well
documented and there wasn't anyone else on the plug
mailing list using it. So I let it go it got a REALLY
popular distro, Suse. ;-) (Well, at least suse came
with a book :)

I've heard good things about its 'server'/professional
version but haven't heard much else.

HTH
russ