[plug] ~"ABC-Linux is too expensive 4 normal person to buy"?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Mar 11 14:23:04 WST 2002

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, [iso-8859-1] Daniel B wrote:

> Hi Plug,
> a lecturer of mine at tafe said that he was listening
> to ABC Radio's Tony Delroy show and they had their
> weekly computer guru on (he said around last Tuesday).
>
> He said he was very disappointed to hear a listener
> ring up to talk about using linux for its security,
> only to have the guru agree that "Linux is too
> expensive 4 normal person to buy"!
>
> I know that some of these things lose something in the
> retelling and that sometimes people mishear and get
> things wrong (but surely not this guy - he's a
> pedantic C programmer).
>
> I wonder if anyone on the list has the contacts to
> verify what was said, and then if necessary, the easy
> going charm and intelligence to ring up and put it
> right. (Hi James)
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.

I have just phoned (ABC Radio - 9220 2700) to verify what was said on the
show. The show comes from Sydney. I was put through to the "Tony Delroy
Show" producer, and got an answering machine, which asked for daytime
contact details. I left my daytime contact details.

I am interested to know excatly what was said, and, if it was as claimed
above, on what the statements that were made, were based.

--
Bret Busby

 you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988