[plug] KDE en_GB: 'distro'

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Mar 12 00:36:12 WST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, John Knight wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I remembered what I was going to ask now, this probably won't come up, it's
> not even a real word anyway, but here goes! When it comes to the plural of
> 'distro', what do u guys think it should be? The most common ones I've seen
> are distros, distroes, and distro's. The last obviously doesn't make sense,
> what do you guys think we should settle on?
>
> KDE bloke

The last one "distro's", is the most appropriate. Reason? "distro" is an
abbreviation.

It is not "CDS" or "CDs", it is correctly, "CD's", for the same
reason. Also, "TV's", etc.

--
Bret Busby

 you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988