[plug] KDE en_GB i18n question!

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Wed Mar 13 01:14:59 WST 2002

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 12:21:49AM +0800, John Knight (alias Tomato
Anarchist #17.3, alias one-of-far-too-many-guys-on-plug-who-top-post-
and-don't-trim-quotes) inscribed thusly:
[ Leon quite reasonably suggested ]
> >Can I also suggest that these discussions be moved to a separate mailing
> >list if they're going to become a regular thing?  They aren't really
> >related to Linux, and I'm sure we're annoying someone.
[ ... ]
> We can't move it onto another mailing list, because these questions
> appear very infequently, and no-one would subscribe to the sodding
> things.

John - might I suggest you try the alt.english.usage newsgroup?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=alt.english.usage

You're likely to get much higher quality (and quantity) of responses there
(for this particular topic) than on plug. Not that I'm meaning to malign
anyone's responses here :), just that the people frequenting that newsgroup
tend to be rather more... um... obsessive about appropriate and correct
English usage.

Whereas the denizens of this mailing list tend to be obsessed about
sensible things, like Linux. Correct use of English is usually be waaaay
down the list of stuff to worry about.... (as can be seen from most posts
to this list on any random day :-)

> KDE Bloke

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/
... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,