[plug] I had a Thought too!

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 00:36:33 WST 2002

Has there ever been any attempts to organise some sort of PLUG project,
where someone has an idea for a programme and we all pitch in and help if we
can? There's so many programmers/scripters around that want to do something
useful, why not bond together and produce something?

Off the top of my head, I was thinking of a non-grphical menu (that's a bit
like the Norton Commander in this case, where there's no graphics but
something smart made of text), which allows you to choose which X Desktop
you want to enter. This is one of the main advatages of run level 5 (in an
.rpm based distro), but scrap that idea if it already exists, either way, I
want to choose my desktop in run level 3!

Another idea is an X alternative to Click and Play/The Games Factory, but
spruce it up with some "l337" ideas. If we have a free alternative for that,
it might be an incentive for some schools to make the conversion.........

I dunno if you like them or not, they're just quick ideas, but I would like
to have a group activity going on, where we beginners can get experience
from a decently sized project.

anarchist tomato
P.S. Please make no KDE questions from this mail, if you need me for
something KDE related, email me privately at anarchist_tomato at herzeleid.net