[plug] I had a Thought too!

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 14 01:07:32 WST 2002

I would like to see an adaptive grammer artificial intelligence
program that can scan through all PLUG archives and any and all
other archives building an 'expert data set'. Have seen something
similar in LISP some 15 years back - but nothing since :(

I heard a rumouor a IT student at MIT (usa) developed a program
to read the news feeds and build up rules of grammer to interface
with a natural language question/answer interrogative user interface,

Something like that would be more or less leading edge but follow
fairly well known and straightforward concepts, these days with
PC's of 1Gig or more ram and 100G+ HD - this should be almost
trivial...

Anyone know of the design in para 2 above ?

rgds

mike