[plug] Apache configuration & Linux Standard Base?

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 14 11:14:44 WST 2002

Hi Plug, from the little I know different distributions appear to use
different files to set up Apache:
Redhat - original 3 files cut down to one (httpd.conf)
Mandrake - commonhttpd.conf, httpd.conf
Debian ?

Which is the most commonly used system?  Is there a convention emerging
from LSB?  From anywhere?
I know little about it, but wondered when I found the Redhat 20page file
reduced to 4 pages in Mandrake with bits elsewhere.
I just thought that if something was going to be setup on a work machine
that might have others accessing it then the more boring and predictable
the file-placement/setup the easier to fix later. (also if something
adheres to a 'standard' it should make trying to follow help a bit easier
for a beginner like me)

Cheers,
Daniel.