[plug] Apache configuration & Linux Standard Base?

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Thu Mar 14 12:57:14 WST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:14:44AM +0800, Daniel wrote:
> Hi Plug, from the little I know different distributions appear to use
> different files to set up Apache:
> Redhat - original 3 files cut down to one (httpd.conf)
> Mandrake - commonhttpd.conf, httpd.conf
> Debian ?
>
> Which is the most commonly used system?  Is there a convention emerging
> from LSB?  From anywhere?

Look at the file config.layout in the top-level dir of an Apache
source distribution (last time I looked, that's where it was, anyway);
it names and describes the various commonly-used layouts, so you could
use one of these and document somewhere which one you've used so you
and/or others know at a later stage.

Colin