[plug] Apache configuration & Linux Standard Base?

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Thu Mar 14 11:35:15 WST 2002

Hi Daniel,

If you download the latest source tarball of Apache and compile it yourself,
it only uses httpd.conf as the configuration file.  It does include srm.conf
and access.conf, but they are empty and are commented with:

# To avoid confusion, it is recommended that you put all of your
# Apache server directives into the httpd.conf file and leave this
# one essentially empty.

So its probably only a matter of time before other distributions move
towards this configuration as well I would think.

/ Ben