[plug] CD -ROM and CD-ROM Burner issue

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Mar 15 17:11:57 WST 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Jon L.Miller wrote:

> I've got a SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-216B Q001 20010913(CDRB)
> and a Pioneer DVD-ROM ATAPIModel DVD-105S 011 (DVCD) on my PC.  In Xcdroast
> it only shows my Samsung which is on /dev/scd0.  Is there a way to have it

Jon, I dont think there is any need for Xcdroast to see the DVD as a
special device. Just mount the DVD-ROM normally, and it will see files the
same as on your hard-disk.

> Also what tool is out there that can show the settings, model, device of the
> PC.

What sort of settings?  Look in /proc, e.g. /proc/cpuinfo , for some raw
info from the kernel.

--
"The human race is faced with a cruel choice - work or daytime
television" -- Dave Barry