[plug] Rewinding word documents

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Mon Mar 18 06:48:21 WST 2002

Hi Leon,

I've seen a number of posts from you on the PLUG mailing list mentioning
that Microsoft Word document files can be 'rewound' to reveal previous
content before changes.  Do you have or know of any tools that can
demonstrate this?  Or can it be done within Word itself?

My company has a client, a legal firm, that is currently using WordPerfect,
and wants to switch completely to MS Word.  The licensing cost doesn't seem
to bother them.  However, the legal implications of Word might.

My experience with Star Office is limited, can you tell me if it is at least
as stable as Word?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Steve